Monday, March 23, 2020

EHIME MBANO; Irate youths allegedly beat palm wine tapper to death


 Community turns ghost town as police embark on mass arrest in Ehime Mbano.

  It was  a day of rage at serene Umuodiri Umumumo Community, Ehime Mbano LGA as tragedy struck at the unholy hours of 12midnight when angry youths were said to have vented their spleen on a palm wine tapper. Mr. Emmanuel Njoku, beating him to death.

 Mrs. Njoku Mercy, a nursing mother and the wife of the palm wine tapper said that, "at  about 12am on the ill-fated day, i heard some voices calling out my husband who was asleep. As soon as he woke up and stepped out side, the Irate Youths, in their numbers, started beating my husband mercilessly.I rushed out from the room and they also started beating me, punching me. my body was lacerated and i sustained bruises and cuts on my arms, head and legs. i had to run away fast as i could to save my life and avoid receiving more beatings.i was able to identify some of the attackers before i ran away to Isinkpacha- umudibia my maiden home" as she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment here